The Fellview Healthcare Patient Participation Group (PPG) meets with representatives of the practice to collaborate on the improvement of patient services within Fellview Healthcare every 6-8 weeks at the Cleator Moor surgery. We normally meet on Wednesday at 6.00 pm and the meeting typically lasts for one and a half hours. In addition to patient members our meetings are normally attended by one practice GP, the Practice Manager, the Clinical Interface Manager and specialist personnel as appropriate
If you think you would like to become involved in the sort of issues highlighted below you are welcome to join our meetings. So do come along.
Alternatively if there is a specific topic which you would like to discuss we would be pleased to hear about it.
In the first instance please contact us for more information and meeting dates:
Clinical Interface Manager
Telephone: 01946 514586
Doug Millington – Chair
Pam Argyle – Secretary
Areas of Interest Within the Practice
Since we started in 2014 was have sought to collaborate with the Practice to improve:
- Appointment communications by telephone and with reception
- GP consultations involving use of phone and same day contact
- The availability of medium and long term appointments
- The level of missed appointments
- The arrangements for repeat prescriptions.
- Patient contact through on-line appointment booking, texts, mobile phone messages and emails
- The interfacing arrangements with some pharmacies
- General information eg patient information leaflets issued by the Practice to patients
- Access to patient records
We have also identified Patient Representatives for individual surgeries who are able to take up generic issues raised by patients for discussion in our meetings.
We receive regular updates from the Practice Manager on changes and new initiatives within the practice (and we are able to make comments) on such topics as: repeat dispensing, flu protection, surgery facilities
We have received presentations from personnel working within the practice as well as representatives from external organisations in the NHS at large.
Areas of Interest Outside the Practice
We have played an active role in promoting a patient view in external matters relating to the Practice. This has included:
- Submissions to Nugen regarding the Moorside Development
- An active campaign to introduce the electronic transfer of patient information from the Cumberland Infirmary and the West Cumberland Hospital to GP surgeries.
- Responding to the Success Regime’s consultation document.
- Reviewing adequacy of ambulance services with NWAS
- Discussing the concept of Integrated Care Communities
- Commenting on the Modernisation of Cumbria Care and its impact on care homes
We receive feedback from the Copeland Patient Participation Group and the Clinical Commissioning Group as well as external activities involving the practice GPs.
We are also kept informed on matters which have the potential to affect the service provided by the practice, such as staff recruitment and reception facilities.